- Congratulations to Corinne Bossingham, Sophie Cunningham, Anne Marie Fansler, Allie and Jackson Garrett, Hunter Heidenreich; and Landen Rinzel who are making their First
Communion during our 8:45 Mass today. What a joyous event for these children! We want to thank Rosanna Rodgers and Linda Stewart who helped in their sacramental preparation..
St. Vincent Cemetery Cemetery upkeep:
- Please take flowers off your family graves if they will interfere with the mowing of grass. This makes mowing much easier.
St. Vincent’s May Newsletter
- The deadline for May Newsletter is Sunday, April 22nd. Please share your joys and sorrows with your Parish Family. Please call Pat at 765-265-7195, send her an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or put your items in the orange envelopes at each Church door.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations. A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.
St. Joseph/St. Vincent Evangelization:
- Introducing YOUR St Joseph/St Vincent Evangelization Committee! We are a small group of representatives from both Churches, but if you’re a member, you’re an important part of what we do. Our goal is to become a Welcoming Church where newcomers encounter the love of Christ when they walk through our doors.
- Working in cooperation with the Indy Archdiocese Evangelization & Outreach Initiative, our Parish is reaching out to inactive Catholics and non-Catholics searching for a church home. And we’ve already put some of our ideas into action:
- Please prayerfully consider how you can help make St Joseph and St Vincent a welcoming haven to all visitors.
World Day of Prayer for Vocations:
- The World Day of Prayer for Vocations is today, April 22nd. It is simply a day to pray for vocations. Everyone has a vocation and on this day we pray in thanksgiving for our
vocation and ask God to share His wonderful plans with those who are still discerning their own vocation.
Catholic Home Missions:
- There is a second collections for Catholic Home Missions at St. Joseph and St. Vincent Churches on Saturday, April 28th and Sunday, April 29th. This Mission primarily serves home mission dioceses in the United States and its dependencies with missionary activities that strengthen and extend the presence of the Catholic Church
St. Joseph St. Anne’s Altar Society Bake Sale:
- The St. Joseph Parish St. Anne’s Altar Society was a great success! We completely sold all the donated baked goods!! The $735.00 proceeds benefit our Parish Family by providing Eucharistic hosts and wine; cleaning of altar linens, cleaning of priest vestments and altar server albs, candles and other altar necessities. Many thanks and blessings to everyone that provided supported! Special thanks to Tom Reuter for his continual support of the St. Anne’s Bake Sales. Tom donated almost 40 scratch made pies and cinnamon yeast rolls for the bake sale and has been donating at this capacity for several decades. Bless You, Tom Reuter for sharing your baking talents!