St. Vincent Purpose Statement:
We joyfully share our gifts to nourish the community.
|Religion Classes—Feb 19th
We have introduced mobile giving please see attached instructions
St. Ann’s Rummage Sale—April 3/4:
- Mark your calendar. The Spring rummage sale is scheduled for Friday, April 3rd and Saturday, April 4th. Now is the time to go through your closets and drawers and bring your clean usable rummage to Sister’s garage. We no longer accept outdated TV’s.
St. Vincent Charity Tea —April 25:
- Save the Date
Lenten Letters—Feb. 19:
- The Lenten Letters/calendar will be mailed on February 19th. If you would like to add the names of any family or friends to the mailing list, please contact Pat Barley
February Food Drive—Feb. 16
- The February Food Drive is Sunday, February 16th. Please bring at least one item to help your neighbors in need. Nonperishable food, personal care products and paper products are always needed. Thank you to the people who so generously donate each month.
- Around the Parish February 2020
- The February Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the January Newsletter is Sunday, Feb 16th.
Snowy and Icey Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay because of snow or ice there will not be an 8:00am Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to snow or ice, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education classes on Wednesday evening.
St. Vincent Children’s Collection
- There has been considerable concern that the Ushers will accidentally jab a small child while taking up the collection because the children run in between them. In order to remedy this, all children who have an offering will come up when Father Mike calls the children up to be dismissed for Liturgy of the Word. Then the 2nd graders on up can go back to their seats and the younger ones can leave after being blessed by Father. We will see how this works. Thank you for your cooperation.
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- When someone donates to these Endowment Funds, it is leaving a legacy to the future of St. Vincent de Paul Parish and Cemetery.
- We are temporarily suspending the Wednesday afternoon Rosary. Please watch the bulletin for a future update.
Children’s Liturgy in action. Children up to First grade are welcome
- St. Vincent’s Parish has joined St. Joseph Parish on Flocknote. This is an easy way for us to communicate with the most people. There were 34 people who had signed themselves up with St. Joseph. I signed up 43 more people because they have children in Religious Education or some
other ministry. If you do not receive Flocknotes from St. Joseph and St. Vincent and want to receive them, please go to Flocknote.com and sign up or call Sr. Joan 317-398-4028 or 812-455-9348 or if you are receiving them and wish you didn’t, please let Sr. Joan know and she will take you off..
When to Call the Priest:
- When a loved one is ill, please remember to call Father Mike before it is too late to give last rites. Many times people wait too long, thinking things will get better or waiting until as close to the very end as possible. No need! Call Father as soon as things are going downhill. Remember that a per-son can receive the Sacrament of the Anointing many times in his or her life.
|St. Vincent 2019 Survey Results
Click to see the results of the St Vincent Catholic Church 2019 Survey
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.