- February 2019 Newsletter
- The February Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- The deadline for the February Newsletter is Sunday, February 17th. Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- There Will be St. Vincent Religious Education classes on Wednesday, February 13th.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, February 13th at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall
St. Vincent Charity Tea:
- Mark your calendar and save the date. You know that Spring is just around the corner when signs for the Tea begin to appear. The 16th An-nual St. Vincent Charity Tea is scheduled for Saturday, April 27th at 1:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Make plans to attend. Watch the bulletin and newsletter for more information in the weeks to come.
Snow and Ice Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay there will not be a 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to weather, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education on Wednesday evening.
Salvation Army Dinner:
- Because of your generous support, we have all the donations and help needed for the Salvation Army Dinner on Sunday, February 10th. Thank you so much!!!
February Food Drive:
- The February Food Drive will be Sunday, February 17th. Please be generous, just one food, personal care item or paper product is a small thing to most but a huge thing to a neighbor in need.
The Salvation Army Christmas Donations
- The Salvation Army would like to Thank Everyone at St. Vincent church for their contribution to their Christmas Adopt-A-Family Program. With your help, you made it possible for them to serve a total of 271 children.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.