|St. Vincent Religious Ed Classes – Starting Sept. 4:
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes will be held on Wednesday evenings from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, September 4th. Please register by texting the name of your child/children with the grade they are in to Sr. Joan at 812-455-9348. Books need to be ordered. If Sunday morning REP classes do not work for St. Joseph’s Parishioners, they are welcome to register and attend Wednesday classes at St. Vincent. They also need to text Sr. Joan.
|St. Vincent 2019 Survey Results
Click to see the results of the St Vincent Catholic Church 2019 Survey
|St. Vincent’s St. Ann Fall Rummage Sale Oct 4th & 5th:
Mark your calendar for St. Vincent’s St. Ann Fall Rummage Sale on October 4th and 5th.
- Around the Parish September 2019
- The September Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the October Newsletter is Sunday, September 15th.
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.
Adoration Chapel All Are Welcome:
- Remember that everyone is always welcome to drop by the Adoration Chapel, even if for just a few minutes on your way to or from work. Come spend some time resting in Jesus.
- The next Liturgy Schedule (for August 25th to the end of November) was sent out through email. If you did not get the email, please alert Paula Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org). Paper copies of the schedule can be picked up inside the main doors of St. Vincent Church.
Salvation Army Dinner—Oct. 13:
St Vincent will be hosting the Salvation Army Dinner on Sunday, October 13, 2019. The menu will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and dessert. Drinks are lemonade and iced tea; the Salvation Army provides coffee.
8 – 48 oz. jars of Applesauce
2 – 1 gal. Lemonade
2 – 1 gal. Arizona Sweet Tea
1 – 1 gal. Arizona Unsweet Tea
Desserts – 7 to serve 15 each
If you would like to donate any of the above items, or help set up and/or serve on Sunday, October 13, please call Jean Adams at 317-696-0778 or Joyce Ford at 317-392-4210. Thank you for your generous support. We would like to give a very big THANK YOU to the Knights of Columbus who cook this meal for us each time.
- Please join us in praying the Rosary. We will be praying on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields, weather permitting. If weather is inclement, we will be in the St. Vincent Parish Hall.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.