Joint Parish Picnic 22 Aug:
- Save the Date! St. Joseph and St. Vincent joint parish picnic will be on Wednesday, August 22nd
at 6:00 p.m. at the Blue River Memorial Park shelter house. Meat, drinks and paper products will be provided. Bring a side dish or dessert to share. Please plan to bring the family and enjoy the fellowship!
K of C Pork Chop Dinner Aug 18th:
- The St. Vincent Knights of Columbus will have their delicious Pork Chop Supper on Saturday, August 18th from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the St. Vincent Parish Hall. Advance tickets are $10.00 and tickets at the door are $12.00. Contact Bob Dalley or Tom Zobel for tickets. Please donate pies or cookies
Praying the Rosary Aug 01:
- Please join us to pray the Rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, Aug 01st at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement
First Wednesday Fellowship Aug 15:
- Please join us for fellowship, coffee and doughnuts following the 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday, August 15th in the St. Vincent’s Parish Hall. Everyone is welcome.
- The deadline for the September Newsletter is Sunday, August 19th. Please share summer activities, joys and sorrows with your parish family. Call Pat or send her an email at email@example.com or put your items in the orange envelopes at each church door.
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- St. Vincent Religious Education Classes will begin on Wednesday, September 5th. We have classes for children from 4 yrs. of age through 8th grade on Wednesday. The classes are held from 6:15 until 7:30 p.m. each week.
- Please register by emailing Sr. Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and grade of your child/children or call 317-398-4028 or text 812-455-9348 and leave the same information.
- A parent or guardian is to accompany your child on the first class which will be held in St. Vincent Hall to fill out forms and pay the $50.00 fee for the year per family.
- During the first gathering, you will receive the schedule for the year, meet the teacher and aide and see the classroom where your child/children will be in the school building. Please register today so text books can be ordered soon.
St. Vincent’s August Food Drive:
- The August Food Drive will be Sunday, August 19th. Please share your blessings with those in our community who are in need. Please bring just one item of food, a paper product or a personal care product.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
St. Vincent Parking Lot:
- You may have noticed gravel at the Michigan Road entrance of our parking lot. The tile was breaking down under the road. Shelby County workers fixed it this week, but we will finish the job later this summer with black top. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.
- St. Joseph’s and St. Vincent’s Parishioners. We are again asking for your help in contacting members of our Church Family who have been away for a time. Please consider sharing the name of a family member or friend that you would like us to contact, just complete the information on the enclosed flyer, put in the collection and we will take it from there. Thank you for your help.
St. Joseph/St. Vincent Evangelization:
- Introducing YOUR St Joseph/St Vincent Evangelization Committee! We are a small group of representatives from both Churches, but if you’re a member, you’re an important part of what we do. Our goal is to become a Welcoming Church where newcomers encounter the love of Christ when they walk through our doors.
- Working in cooperation with the Indy Archdiocese Evangelization & Outreach Initiative, our Parish is reaching out to inactive Catholics and non-Catholics searching for a church home. And we’ve already put some of our ideas into action:
- Please prayerfully consider how you can help make St Joseph and St Vincent a welcoming haven to all visitors.