St. Vincent Purpose Statement:
We joyfully share our gifts to nourish the community.
Children’s Liturgy in action. Children up to First grade are welcome
|Religion Classes—Dec 04th.
Click for more information
St. Vincent Children’s Collection
- There has been considerable concern that the Ushers will accidentally jab a small child while taking up the collection because the children run in between them. In order to remedy this, all children who have an offering will come up when Father Mike calls the children up to be dismissed for Liturgy of the Word. Then the 2nd graders on up can go back to their seats and the younger ones can leave after being blessed by Father. We will see how this works. Thank you for your cooperation.
Baking Christmas Cookies getting ready for the Party
St. Ann Altar Christmas Party—Dec. 1:
- St Ann Altar Society Christmas Party will be Sun-day, December 1st at 12:00 noon in the Parish Hall. All ladies of the Parish and their families are invited to attend. Please sign up at the church doors. Please bring a favorite dish to share. If you know of a person who would enjoy a Christmas basket, please contact Pat Barley. Come and enjoy the fellowship with your parish family
Christmas Giving Tree:
- In the back corner of Church there is a Christmas tree with tags on it with names of children that hope we will provide a Christmas gift for them. The Salvation Army asks us to to get some clothing and a toy for each child on our tree. If you are able to help with this project, please take a tag and bring your unwrapped gift back to church, to Religious Ed by Wednesday, December 11th or to the Salvation Army by Friday, December 13th.
- Remember a loved one with a poinsettia at Christ-mas. These poinsettia plants will be used to decorate our Church for Christmas. To order a poinsettia, please call Earlene Wheeler at 317-697-2788 by Sunday, December 8th. The cost is $15.00. You may put your name, your loved ones name and a check made out to St. Vincent in an envelope marked Christmas Flowers and give it to Earlene at Church or put it in the collection basket
- We are temporarily suspending the Wednesday afternoon Rosary. Please watch the bulletin for a future update.
- Advent calendars and letters have been mailed. Please call or email Pat Barley if you did not receive it.
- St. Vincent’s Parish has joined St. Joseph Parish on Flocknote. This is an easy way for us to communicate with the most people. There were 34 people who had signed themselves up with St. Joseph. I signed up 43 more people because they have children in Religious Education or some
other ministry. If you do not receive Flocknotes from St. Joseph and St. Vincent and want to receive them, please go to Flocknote.com and sign up or call Sr. Joan 317-398-4028 or 812-455-9348 or if you are receiving them and wish you didn’t, please let Sr. Joan know and she will take you off..
Snowy and Icey Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay because of snow or ice there will not be an 8:00am Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to snow or ice, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education classes on Wednesday evening.
When to Call the Priest:
- When a loved one is ill, please remember to call Father Mike before it is too late to give last rites. Many times people wait too long, thinking things will get better or waiting until as close to the very end as possible. No need! Call Father as soon as things are going downhill. Remember that a per-son can receive the Sacrament of the Anointing many times in his or her life.
- Around the Parish December 2019
- The December Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the November Newsletter is Sunday, November 17th.
|St. Vincent 2019 Survey Results
Click to see the results of the St Vincent Catholic Church 2019 Survey
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.