- January 2019 Newsletter
- The January Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- The deadline for the February Newsletter is Sunday, January 20th. Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- There Will be St. Vincent Religious Education classes on Wednesday, January 16th.
Snow and Ice Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay there will not be a 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to weather, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education on Wednesday evening.
January Food Drive:
- The January Food Drive will be Sunday, January 20th. The needs of our neighbors is great. If you have not donated in the past, please resolve to donate just one item each month this year. Your life will be enriched as much if not more than our neighbors in need.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, January 16th at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall
Salvation Army Dinner:
- St. Vincent will be hosting the Salvation Army Dinner on Sunday, February 10th.
- The menu will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and dessert.
- Drinks are lemonade and iced tea;
- the SalvationArmy provides coffee.
- Donations needed:
- 4 – 48 oz. jars of Applesauce
- 2 – 1 gallon Arizona Sweet Tea
- 1 – 1 gallon Arizona Unsweet Tea
- 2 – 2 liters of Lemonade
- Desserts – 2 to serve/15 each
- 100 – Small Dessert Plates
- 100 – Large Divided Dinner Plates
- If you would like to donate any of the above items,
or help set up and/or serve on February 10th,
please call Jean Adams or Joyce
Ford . Thank you for your support!
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.