COVID-19 Updates and Implications
The following is a list of communications we have shared regarding COVID-19 and its implications for us here:
Mobile giving please see attached instructions:
Stations of the Cross—Fridays during Lent (Suspended)S
Saturday Lenten Supper (Suspended)
- April 9 – Holy Thursday
- April 10 – Good Friday
- April 11 – Holy Saturday
- April 12 – Easter Sunday
|Religion Classes— Suspended due to COVID-19
We will continue to promote online giving. Donate here:
Chicken Noodle Dinner: Canceled due to COVID-19
- The Father Segar Knights of Columbus, Council 10371 Chicken Noodle Dinner has been canceled.
St. Ann’s Rummage Sale: Postponed due to COVID-19
- Please do not bring any more things to St. Vincent’s garage for the Rummage Sale. The garage is full. The sale has been postponed until further notice. Thank you.
No First Wednesday Fellowship:
- During Lent, we will not have First Wednesday Fellowship following the 8:00am Mass on Wednesday, April 1st.
Wednesday Afternoon Rosary: Suspended due to COVID-19
- Please join us. We will be praying the Rosary at 5:30pm at St. Vincent in the Parish Hall beginning on Wednesday
St. Vincent Charity Tea: Postponed due to COVID-19
- The 17th Annual St. Vincent Charity Tea postponed to a later date. Tickets remain $20.00 and will be available soon. The charity selected for this year is The Shelby County Youth Assistance Program. The speaker for this year’s Tea will be Alex Krach, director of The Shelby County Historical Society and The Grover Museum.
Quilt Tickets: Quilt raffle tickets are available now and are $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.
Sponsorships: We are again asking for sponsorships from individuals, families, businesses and organizations who are able to donate $100.00 to support our efforts. If you can be a sponsor, please contact Annette Rayburn. Your donation will be noted in the Tea program and you will be offered 2 complimentary tickets.
Helping Hands: Many hands are needed to set up, tear down and serve our guests, please contact Deb Stroup if you are able to lend a hand.
As always, the tea committee has planned a delicious variety of Mark your calendar and make this the year to attend the Annual Charity Tea.
St. Vincent Parish Picnic—June 14:
- We are trying something different this year for our parish picnic. We will have a brunch after the 8:30am Mass on June 14th. Margaret Haehl is organizing this. For this to be a success she needs help! Anyone interested in helping with activities, decorations, and a menu that you will not have to bring, please contact Margaret:
- Around the Parish March 2020
- The March Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the April Newsletter is Sunday, March 15th.
Snowy and Icey Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay because of snow or ice there will not be an 8:00am Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to snow or ice, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education classes on Wednesday evening.
St. Vincent Children’s Collection
- There has been considerable concern that the Ushers will accidentally jab a small child while taking up the collection because the children run in between them. In order to remedy this, all children who have an offering will come up when Father Mike calls the children up to be dismissed for Liturgy of the Word. Then the 2nd graders on up can go back to their seats and the younger ones can leave after being blessed by Father. We will see how this works. Thank you for your cooperation.
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- When someone donates to these Endowment Funds, it is leaving a legacy to the future of St. Vincent de Paul Parish and Cemetery.
Children’s Liturgy in action. Children up to First grade are welcome
- St. Vincent’s Parish has joined St. Joseph Parish on Flocknote. This is an easy way for us to communicate with the most people. There were 34 people who had signed themselves up with St. Joseph. I signed up 43 more people because they have children in Religious Education or some
other ministry. If you do not receive Flocknotes from St. Joseph and St. Vincent and want to receive them, please go to Flocknote.com and sign up or call Sr. Joan 317-398-4028 or 812-455-9348 or if you are receiving them and wish you didn’t, please let Sr. Joan know and she will take you off..
When to Call the Priest:
- When a loved one is ill, please remember to call Father Mike before it is too late to give last rites. Many times people wait too long, thinking things will get better or waiting until as close to the very end as possible. No need! Call Father as soon as things are going downhill. Remember that a per-son can receive the Sacrament of the Anointing many times in his or her life.
|St. Vincent 2019 Survey Results
Click to see the results of the St Vincent Catholic Church 2019 Survey
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.