- December 2018 News Letter
- The December Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- The deadline for the January Newsletter is Sunday, December 16th. Please put your information in one of the orange envelopes at each door or contact Pat Barley at email@example.com.
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- There Will be St. Vincent Religious Education classes on Wednesday, December 19th.
Snow and Ice Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay there will not be a 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to weather, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education on Wednesday evening.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, December 19th at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall.
- St. Vincent de Paul Parish is looking for a person who would like to clean. He or she would clean the church, the school, the hall and sisters’ house. The hours are flexible and usually would not take more than 10 hours a week. Call Sr. Joan for more details. They would begin after January 1, 2019.
United Catholic Appeal:
- 33% of our parish families have donated to the United Catholic Appeal. This is good, but it could be better. To make this number grow, if you haven’t already donated, pick up a card at the doors of church and donate any amount.
Year End Giving:
- If you are planning to make a year-end gift to St. Vincent Cemetery Endowment Fund or to then Parish, we need to receive your gift before January 1, 2019. According to the IRS guidelines, the postmark on the envelope must not be later than December 31st. All donations given on Monday, December 31st at the 5:00 p.m. Mass will count as 2018 donation.
December Food Drive:
- The December Food Drive will be Sunday, December 16th. Please share with your neighbors who depend on your generosity to provide the daily necessities for themselves and their family. God Bless all who have given generously this past year. A special thank you to the Brad and Brooke Fischer’s family for their assistance with delivering the donations to the Salvation Army’s Pantry.
Keep Christmas Alive Until January 06:
- As you put your lights up, please do not plan on taking them down until at least Sunday, January 6th, the Feast of the Epiphany. Catholic Culture loves to celebrate!.
Best Advent Ever-Dynamic Catholic:
- Please sign up for daily devotions from our friends at Dynamic Catholic. There short videos will start your day off right with some food for thought, on how to become the best version of yourself. Sign up at: dynamiccatholic.com/best-advent-ever
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.