- March 2019 Newsletter
- The March Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The deadline for the April Newsletter is Sunday, March 17th. Please contact Pat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liturgy of the Word for Children:
- Liturgy of the Word for Children ages 3 through 1st grade is beginning March 17th.
- The children will leave after the Opening prayer at Mass and return while the collection is being taken up.
St. Vincent’s St. Ann Altar Society Spring Rummage Sale:
- St. Ann Altar Society Spring Rummage Sale is just a few weeks away. Now is the time to check your closets, drawers, basement and garage for all the “stuff” you have been meaning to donate. Please bring your clean, usable rummage to Sr. Joan’s garage anytime. The Spring sale will be Friday, April 5th and Saturday, April 6th from 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. each day. If you can help with set up, clean up or customer service, please contact Eileen Settles.
St. Vincent Endowment Foundation:
- On Sunday, March 24th after the 8:45 a.m. Mass, there will be a meeting in the Parish Hall about the St. Vincent Endowment Foundation. Jim Maslar from the Archdiocese will attend to explain and answer questions. All parishioners are invited to attend
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- There will be St. Vincent Religious Education classes on Wednesday, March 13th.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary on March 20th at 5:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. During Lent we will pray the Sorrowful Mysteries. We will finish praying the rosary in plenty of time to go to the Lenten Book Study.
St. Vincent Charity Tea:
- Mark your calendar and save the date. You know that Spring is just around the corner when signs for the Tea begin to appear. The 16th Annual St. Vincent Charity Tea is scheduled for Saturday, April 27th at 1:30 p.m. in the Parish Hall. Make plans to attend. The charity selected for this year is Pantry Pals. This Shelby County organization supports all of the food pantries in Shelby Co. The ticket price will remain $20.00. We are blessed to have had another quilt donated to raffle for our charity. Tickets will be $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00. Tea and raffle tickets will be available soon. Sponsorships will remain $100.00 and will include mention in our program and 2 complimentary tickets. If you or your business or organization can sponsor the Tea, please contact Annette Rayburn . Watch the bulletin and newsletter for additional information.
Snow and Ice Weather Alert:
- If Shelby Eastern Schools or Shelby Central Schools are closed or on a 2 hour delay there will not be a 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday at St. Vincent Church. If Shelby Eastern or Shelby Central Schools are cancelled on Wednesday due to weather, St. Vincent will not have Religious Education on Wednesday evening.
St. Vincent’s Evangelization:
- The Lenten letters have been mailed. If you did not receive one or have someone you would like to include, please call Pat Barley. Now is a great time to invite family members or friends to come to church with you. Make evangelization your focus this Lent.!
Race for Vocations:
- Again this year, Fr. Mike is leading the Race for Vocations on Saturday, May 4th! Last year we had about 25 participants from St. Joe and St. Vincent more this year please!!! You can run OR walk a 5k (3.1 miles) or the half marathon (13.1 miles). Go to raceforvocations.org to sign up. A signup will also take place after Masses next weekend!.
St. Joseph Spring Festival:
- Save the Dates: May 9th – 12th. Mark your calendar! The 2019 St. Joseph Spring Festi-val is only a few months away. You won’t want to miss all the exciting and fun festivities. Watch the bulletin for more information!.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.