- November 2018 News Letter
- December Newsletter deadline is Sunday,November 18th. Please share you joys and sorrows with your parish family. Call Pat Barley, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- There will be St. Vincent Religious Education classes on Wednesday, November 14th.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the Rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, Nov 14 th at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement
First Wednesday Fellowship:
- Please join us for fellowship, coffee and doughnuts following the 8:00 a.m. Mass on Wednesday, November 7th in the St. Vincent’s Parish Hall. Everyone is welcome.
St. Vincent Cemetery:
- Please check your family graves for faded flowers and other decorations. We all try to keep our cemetery looking neat and cared for. A big thank you to J.J. Jones for doing his best to keep the grass cut all summer. Out of town visitors comment on how nice we keep our cemetery.
- A nice way to remember your loved ones on All Saints and All Souls Day is to make a donation to our Cemetery Endowment Fund. It is a fund that will perpetually take care of our cemetery.
November Food Drive:
- The November Food Drive will be Sunday, November 18th. This will be just before Thanksgiving and many people depend on your generosity to share a meal with their family. Thank God for his bountiful blessings by sharing with those in need.
St. Vincent Advent Letter:
- The annual Advent letter and calendar is being prepared. If you know of a family member or friend that is not a regular participant at Mass, please contact Pat Barley, and we will gladly include them in our mailing.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.