PUBLIC MASSES RETURN
Outdoor Mass On Sundays:
BEGINNING MAY 19:
WEEKEND MASSES BEGIN – MAY 23 and 24:
Depending on weather, Masses will be OUTSIDE during the weekends for the weekends of May 23/24, May 30/31 and June 7th at St Vincent. Bring your own LAWN CHAIR. Bathrooms will be available.
We had 111 people at St Vincent mass on Sunday May 31st. We will continue to have Sunday Mass outside, but they still need to wear a mask. If it rains, stay home.
The DISPENSATION from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days will continue until August 15, 2020.
We strongly encourage parishioners 65 and older, and those with underlying medical issues, to stay home and participate in our online livestream Masses.
Those who are or have recently been ill with coughs, fevers, breathing troubles MUST STAY HOME out of concern for the others.
A MASK is highly suggested when you come to Mass. Those age 7 and older are asked to wear a mas from the time you exit your vehicle until you return. The mask protects OTHERS and helps them feel safer. Our of charity, wear a mask. Here is a good video: https://youtu.be/oZUE1awVj3Y
PERSONAL SANITIZER: You are asked to bring your personal hand sanitizer. We suggest you use it once seated, prior to communion, immediately after communion, and once you return to your vehicle.
COMMUNION: Please leave your mask on as you approach the Eucharist. As you approach the priest or Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, lower your mask and receive the Host. Here is a good video: https://youtu.be/aw_Gr9s5lKg
COLLECTION/TITHE: Thank you to those who have been faithfully sending in their collection envelopes. It has been much appreciated and much needed. You may donate online to St Joseph at https://www.stjoeshelby.org/online-giving/ and to St. Vincent at http://svdpcc.com/. A box will be available at Masses into which you may put your offering. There will be no ushers.
• Communion from the Chalice remains suspended
The health of our family is an important priority, second to eternal salvation! If we are going to err, it is going to be on the side of caution. We ask you to respect and protect those you encounter at Mass. There will be challenges and frustration as we work through the guidelines provided for our protection, now and in the future. We appreciate your understanding and support. You are in our thoughts and prayers and we ask for a place in yours!
Father Mike offers daily masses via Facebook at and also via Flocknote. There are also other resources that are wonderful found at
Congratulations First Communicants!:
Thank you to Rosanna and Doug Rodgers for preparing these children for their First Communion. Congratulations to them and their parents. May God continue to bless them.
Congratulations St. Vincent 2020 Graduates:
St. Vincent is proud to honor our 2020 College and High School Graduates:
- Brandon Dalley – Trine University
- Logan Perry – Rose-Hullman
- David Beyer – Waldron High School
- Ian Carter – Waldron High School
- Katie Kuhn – Waldron High School
- Cameron Rodgers – Waldron High School
- Emma Weintraut – Roncalli High School
Congratulations Fr. Paul!
- AFTER DECADES OF SERVICE: Congratulations to Fr. Paul Landwerlen on his 66th anniversary of service to God and His children on May 3. We are sure that when Fr, Paul entered the seminary and was ordained he was not expecting to spend so many years in the priesthood. At 91 he is still saying Mass at St. Vincent, St. Joseph and a multitude of other parishes when needed. How blessed we all are that God has given him such a long and productive lifetime. God Bless you F r. Paul! We pray we will continue to be able to share faith with you.
Mobile giving please see attached instructions:
St. Vincent Parking Lots Closed—July 6 & 7
- On Monday and Tuesday, July 6th and 7th, St. Vincent’s parking lots will be sealed and re-striped. On Monday, if you come to 5:00pm Mass, please park behind the hall or in the driveway between the Sr. Joan’s house and church. On Wednesday, parking will be allowed in front of the school and the church.
- Thank you to St. Vincent K of C for helping J.J. Jones spruce up the cemetery for the 4th of July.
Face Mask Available:
- If you are in need of a mask or two, please call Joan Knight. She and a few ladies are making them.
Easter Rice Bowls:
- Please bring your filled Easter Rice Bowls to Mass at St. Vincent or drop it off at Sister Joan’s house.
- Around the Parish July 2020
- Click to view the April Newsletter
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the Aug Newsletter is Sunday, July 19th
St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery Clean-Up
- During this time that you cannot be around other people, please plan to take a walk by yourself in St. Vincent Cemetery. While you are there please take the decorations off of your loved one’s grave. The winds have blown many around. You might even pick up some fallen branches and sticks and put them on the brush pile by the Pollinator Habitat Plot. May God bless you and keep you healthy.
Joint Parish Mission—Aug. 12-14
- St. Joe and St. Vincent parishes will join together in hosting the 2020 Parish Mission! More details to come, but please mark your calendars, August 12th, 13th and 14th. We are in for a treat!
Joint Parish Picnic—Aug. 19
- Mark your calendars. The annual St. Joseph and St. Vincent Joint Parish Picnic will take place on Wednesday, August 19th!! It will be at Blue River Park shelter house. Let’s celebrate being able to gather together!!!!
St. Ann’s Altar Society Rummage Sale—October 2/3:
- St. Ann Altar Society’s Spring Rummage Sale has been cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns.
- Mark your calendar: The Fall Rummage Sale will be Friday, October 2nd and Saturday, October 3rd. Sister’s garage is full but please save your used treasures (rummage).
Wednesday Afternoon Rosary: Suspended due to COVID-19
Joint Parish Picnic—Aug. 19:
- Mark your calendars. The annual St. Joseph and St. Vincent Joint Parish Picnic will take place on Wednesday, August 19th!! It will be at Blue River Park shelter house. Let’s celebrate!
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- When someone donates to these Endowment Funds, it is leaving a legacy to the future of St. Vincent de Paul Parish and Cemetery.
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.
Children’s Liturgy in action. Children up to First grade are welcome
- St. Vincent’s Parish has joined St. Joseph Parish on Flocknote. This is an easy way for us to communicate with the most people. There were 34 people who had signed themselves up with St. Joseph. I signed up 43 more people because they have children in Religious Education or some
other ministry. If you do not receive Flocknotes from St. Joseph and St. Vincent and want to receive them, please go to Flocknote.com and sign up or call Sr. Joan 317-398-4028 or 812-455-9348 or if you are receiving them and wish you didn’t, please let Sr. Joan know and she will take you off..
When to Call the Priest:
- When a loved one is ill, please remember to call Father Mike before it is too late to give last rites. Many times people wait too long, thinking things will get better or waiting until as close to the very end as possible. No need! Call Father as soon as things are going downhill. Remember that a per-son can receive the Sacrament of the Anointing many times in his or her life.
|St. Vincent 2019 Survey Results
Click to see the results of the St Vincent Catholic Church 2019 Survey