K of C Pork Chop Dinner:
- The St. Vincent Knights of Columbus will have their delicious Pork Chop Supper on Saturday, August 18th from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the St. Vincent Parish Hall. Advance tickets are $10.00 and tickets at the door are $12.00. Contact Bob Dalley or Tom Zobel for tickets. Please donate pies or cookies
Praying the Rosary July 18th:
- Please join us to pray the Rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, July 18th at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement
St. Vincent’s Parish Council Officers:
- The St. Vincent’s Parish Council will not meet in July
St. Vincent’s August Newsletters:
- The deadline for the August Newsletter is Sunday, July 15th. Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Call Pat or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your items in the orange envelopes at each church door. Thank you to Tammy Jones who has taken on the job of organizing my disorganized thoughts into a very well organized newsletter
Lake Monroe Boat Trip July 31st:
- All Middle School and High School Youth at our Parishes are invited to the annual boat trip at Lake Monroe on July 31st! Last year was amazing and we are all looking forward to another time on the water—with Mass on the boat, swimming, tubing, etc. All are warmly invited. We will leave at 9:00 a.m. and return by early evening. Cost is
$10. Email email@example.com or call or text to sign up. We still need a few chaperones.
Seminarian Owen Talk: “How to get more out of the Mass July 17th:
- Our Seminarian will be giving a talk in the basement of St. Joe at 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 17th. He will be speaking about how to get more out of the Mass. All are warmly invited!!
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Baby Bottle Campaign:
- Baby Bottle Campaign at St. Joseph and St. Vincent benefiting Clarity began on Mothers’Day Weekend. If you didn’t receive a baby bottle, there will be extra ones at the doors of each Church. Clarity provides among its many services pregnancy care, ultrasounds, adoption service referrals, and education. Please be generous with your offerings of coins, dollars, or checks. Please return your filled bottles no later than Fathers’ Day weekend, June 16th – 17th when the campaign ends.
St. Vincent Parking Lot:
- You may have noticed gravel at the Michigan Road entrance of our parking lot. The tile was breaking down under the road. Shelby County workers fixed it this week, but we will finish the job later this summer with black top. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.
- St. Joseph’s and St. Vincent’s Parishioners. We are again asking for your help in contacting members of our Church Family who have been away for a time. Please consider sharing the name of a family member or friend that you would like us to contact, just complete the information on the enclosed flyer, put in the collection and we will take it from there. Thank you for your help.
St. Joseph/St. Vincent Evangelization:
- Introducing YOUR St Joseph/St Vincent Evangelization Committee! We are a small group of representatives from both Churches, but if you’re a member, you’re an important part of what we do. Our goal is to become a Welcoming Church where newcomers encounter the love of Christ when they walk through our doors.
- Working in cooperation with the Indy Archdiocese Evangelization & Outreach Initiative, our Parish is reaching out to inactive Catholics and non-Catholics searching for a church home. And we’ve already put some of our ideas into action:
- Please prayerfully consider how you can help make St Joseph and St Vincent a welcoming haven to all visitors.