St. Vincent Religious Education Classes:
- St. Vincent Religious Education Classes will begin on Wednesday, September 5th. We have classes for children from 4 yrs. of age through 8th grade on Wednesday. The classes are held from 6:15 until 7:30 p.m. each week. Please register by emailing Sr. Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and grade of your child/children. A
parent or guardian is to accompany your child on the first class which will be held in St. Vincent Hall to fill out forms and pay the $50.00 fee for the year per family. During the first gathering, you will receive the schedule for the year, meet the teacher and aide and see the classroom where your child/children will be in the school building.
Please register today so text books can be ordered soon.
Thank You from Clarity:
- Thank you, St. Vincent de Paul Parish for collecting $1,161.62 in the Baby Bottle Collection between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. With these funds we
September Food Drive:
- September Food Drive will be Sunday, September 16th. Please share your bounty with your neighbors in need.
- Collection between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. With these funds we
- The September Newsletter is in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend. The deadline for the October Newsletter is Sunday, September 16th.
- Mark your calendars for a Retreat. A Women’s Retreat will be on Saturday, September 29th from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Sisters of St. Francis Convent at the Oldenburg Franciscan Center. The topic will be Going Deeper With God. Watch the bulletin for more details.
Fall Book Study:
- The Fall Book Study is My Life with the Saints, by Fr. James Martin, SJ. Classes will be held each Sunday and Wednesday for six weeks beginning on Wednesday, October 3rd at 7:00 p.m. and Sunday, October 7th at 11:45 a.m. (ending on November 7th & 11th). You may attend either class or both classes each week. Classes will meet in the St. Joseph School cafeteria. There are three registration options:
- 1) The St. Joseph Parish website;
- 2) E-mail me at email@example.com;
- 3) Call me at (812) 343-1749 (leave a message).
- Please, indicate whether you plan to attend the Wednesday or Sunday class. The book can be purchased on the Internet via the following website address: https://www.loyolapress.com/my-life-with-thesaints- by-james-martin-sj-hc.htm. The study guide is available via the same web page. The study guide will, also, be posted on the St. Joseph Parish website. If you want to purchase a book but do not have Internet access, indicate that when you register by phone. You will be assisted with ordering the book. If you cannot commit to attending the study
classes, you are welcome and encouraged to purchase the book to study on your own, as a family or as an independent study group. In advance of the first class, please read Chapters 1-3 and prepare your answers to the
questions for Week 1 of the study guide.
2019 Confirmation Classes:
- Incoming freshmen should sign up to take their Confirmation classes this coming year. This year we have combined the Confirmation classes with St. Joseph and St. Vincent. Sign up online at stjoeshelby.org. Click the Faith Formation link. Classes will meet every first and third Sunday from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. They will meet at St. Vincent on the first Sunday of the month and at St. Joseph on the third Sunday of the month. The next meeting will be at St. Vincent on September 2nd. More information and signup on the St. Joe website.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the Rosary at St. Vincent Church on Wednesday, Sep 05th at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.
- St. Joseph’s and St. Vincent’s Parishioners. We are again asking for your help in contacting members of our Church Family who have been away for a time. Please consider sharing the name of a family member or friend that you would like us to contact, just complete the information on the enclosed flyer, put in the collection and we will take it from there. Thank you for your help.
St. Joseph/St. Vincent Evangelization:
- Introducing YOUR St Joseph/St Vincent Evangelization Committee! We are a small group of representatives from both Churches, but if you’re a member, you’re an important part of what we do. Our goal is to become a Welcoming Church where newcomers encounter the love of Christ when they walk through our doors.
- Working in cooperation with the Indy Archdiocese Evangelization & Outreach Initiative, our Parish is reaching out to inactive Catholics and non-Catholics searching for a church home. And we’ve already put some of our ideas into action:
- Please prayerfully consider how you can help make St Joseph and St Vincent a welcoming haven to all visitors.