Mass Times Changing After August 1st:
- Beginning Sunday August 4 Sunday Mass @ St Vincent will be celebrated at 8:30 AM .
- August 1st weekday masses at St. Joseph morning masses will be at 8:15 on Tuesday and Friday
New Schedule (effective August 1, 2019):
- Mass Schedule
- Saturday 5:00 p.m. St. Joseph
- 8:30 a.m. St. Vincent
- 10:00 a.m. St. Joseph
- 12:15 p.m. St. Joseph (Spanish)
- Monday 5:00 p.m. St. Vincent
- Tuesday 8:15 a.m. St. Joseph
- Wednesday 8:00 a.m. St. Vincent
- Thursday No Mass
- Friday 8:15 a.m. St. Joseph
- New Confession Schedule
- Saturday 4:00 p.m. St. Joseph
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. St. Vincent
- Monday 5:30 p.m. St. Vincent
- 3rd Fridays 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. St. Joseph
- New Adoration Schedule (effective immediately)
- Monday 5:30 – 6:00 p.m. St. Vincent
- Every day All Day St. Joseph
Religious Education Registration:
- Classes begin on Wednesday, September 4 in the Hall at 6:15 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Parents can register for Religious Education Classes by emailing me the Name of the Child and what grade they will be in at that time. My email is email@example.com or text me with the same information at 812-455-9348
- The fee will be $50. per family.
- Around the Parish July 2019
- The July Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the August Newsletter is Sunday, July 21st.
July Food Drive:
- The July Food Drive will be Sunday, July 21st. Please share the bounty you have received with your neighbors who are in need. Please bring at least one item of food, paper products or personal care to donate.
Praying the Rosary:
- We are temporarily suspending the Wednesday afternoon Rosary. Please watch the bulletin for future update.
Adoration Chapel All Are Welcome:
- Remember that everyone is always welcome to drop by the Adoration Chapel, even if for just a few minutes on your way to or from work. Come spend some time resting in Jesus.
Newly Elected St. Vincent’s Parish Council Officers:
- The new Parish Council Officers are:
- President – Larry Haunert
- Vice President – John Kappes
- Secretary – Sarah Haehl
We are grateful for their service to our Parish Community.
Confirmation Retreat July 15 & 16:
- Please remember that the Confirmation retreat for St. Joe and St. Vincent is July 15th and 16th, 2019. It will take place at Camp River Ridge. More info has been shared by Billy Cross to the class.
Boat Trip—July 18:
- The third annual Boat Trip will take place on Thursday, July 18th. Fr. Mike started this tradition when he was a brand new priest here! We will depart from St. Joe at 9:00 a.m. and return around 5:00 p.m. Cost is only $10. Please sign your son or daughter up here: stjoeshelby.org/trips . Friends are welcome.
King’s Island Trip—July 30:
- The High School trip to King’s Island will take place on Tuesday, July 30th. We will depart at 8:00 a.m. from St. Joe and return at 11:00 p.m. Cost is $40 to cover bus gas and admission to the park. Some chaperones are needed Please sign your son or daughter up here: stjoeshelby.org/trips. Friends are welcome.
Adult Catechetical Nights 2019:
We will be hosting four adult education evenings throughout the course of the coming year. Mark your calendars for the following evenings. Each night the talk will begin at 5 p.m:
- September 8: Personality types and prayer styles, Fr. Mike
- November 17: Exorcisms, Fr. Vince Lampert
- January 19: Marriages & Annulments, Fr. Joe Newton
- March 29: Baptism and New Life, Dcn. Tom
St. Vincent Cemetery:
- Please take flowers off your family graves if they will interfere with the mowing of grass.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.