2019 St Vincent dePaul Survey:
Please take the time to complete the survey. Each parishioner can take the survey. All your answers will be anonymous. Your feedback is important so we can assure the church is meeting the needs of the parish.
Note: If taking the survey on your phone there are 5 choices, turn your phone horizontal or slide the screen to see all the choices.
- Around the Parish June 2019
- The June Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the June Newsletter is Sunday, June 16th.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary on June 12th at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields weather permitting or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement during the month of June
June Food Drive:
- The June Food Drive will be on Sunday, June 16th. Hunger and need do not take a vacation in the summer. Please continue to be generous and share your bounty with your neighbors.
- Waldron Will Celebration will be on Friday, July 5th and Saturday, July 6th this year. As in the past years St. Vincent would like to represent the parish in the community. Volun-teers are needed to set up, work at our table for an hour or two and to take down our display at the end of the evening on July 6th. If you can help, please contact Pat Barley at email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 2019 St. Vincent Graduates:
St. Vincent is proud to honor our 2019 College
and High School Graduates:
- Laura Haunert graduated from Marian University and will be attending IUPUI in the fall working on a Masters degree in Public Health.
- Shawn Leffler graduated from Purdue and will be attending Dayton U in the fall working on a doctorate of Physical Therapy.
- Joseph McQueen graduated from Southwestern High and will be attending IVY Tech working on a degree in Computer Technology.
- Abigail Saxon graduated from Rushville Consolidated High. She plans on being a full time student at Ivy Tech while also working. She is working toward being an English teacher.
- As has been our tradition at St. Vincent, we will pray a Novena to the Holy Spirit in preparation for the feast of Pentecost. Novena prayer cards will be distributed this Sunday, May 26th. Please pray this prayer daily beginning Friday, May 31st. Please also wear red on Pentecost Sunday,June 9th.
Access the Catholic Faith on the Go:
- Link to Download Mobile App
- St Vincent Access Code K37RPD
- Link for PC
- Select Enter Code
- St Vincent Access Code K37RPD
- Timely Featured Content
- Simple & Intuitive Browsing
- Community Discussion Groups
Confirmation Retreat July 15 & 16:
- Please remember that the Confirmation retreat for St. Joe and St. Vincent is July 15th and 16th, 2019. It will take place at Camp River Ridge. More info has been shared by Billy Cross to the class.
Server Party—June 17:
- All servers from St. Joe and St. Vincent should mark their calendars for Monday, June 17th. We will be thanking our servers for all they do for us. We are going to Hidden Paradise again this year….it might have been the best idea I had last year…talk about a fun day! A sign up form will be sent out via email to parents of servers.
Boat Trip—July 18:
- The third annual Boat Trip will take place on Thursday, July 18th. Fr. Mike started this tradition when he was a brand new priest here! We will depart from St. Joe at 9:00 a.m. and return around 5:00 p.m. Cost is only $10. Please sign your son or daughter up here: stjoeshelby.org/trips . Friends are welcome.
King’s Island Trip—July 30:
- The High School trip to King’s Island will take place on Tuesday, July 30th. We will depart at 8:00 a.m. from St. Joe and return at 11:00 p.m. Cost is $40 to cover bus gas and admission to the park. Some chaperones are needed Please sign your son or daughter up here: stjoeshelby.org/trips. Friends are welcome.
Adult Catechetical Nights 2019:
We will be hosting four adult education evenings throughout the course of the coming year. Mark your calendars for the following evenings. Each night the talk will begin at 5 p.m:
- September 8: Personality types and prayer styles, Fr. Mike
- November 17: Exorcisms, Fr. Vince Lampert
- January 19: Marriages & Annulments, Fr. Joe Newton
- March 29: Baptism and New Life, Dcn. Tom
- Congratulations to our children who make their First Communion today at St. Vincent: Jack , Henry , Hailey, and Nickolas. What a joyous event for these children!
- Pope Francis has called it the “Sacrament of Love” “The Eucharist is at the heart of ‘Christian initiation’, together with Baptism and Confirmation, and it constitutes the source of the Church’s life itself. From this Sacrament of love, in fact, flows every authentic journey of faith, of communion, and of witness.”
2019 St. Vincent Graduates:
- If you have a son or daughter who will be graduating from high school or college, please email the Parish: email@example.com or text Sr. Joan at 812-455-9348. Please let us know where they are graduating from and what plans they have for the future; college, a job or some combination. We would like to honor their success.
Congratulations Fr. Paul!:
- Fr. Paul Landwerlen will celebrate 65 years in service to God and His people on May 3rd. Congratulations and Thank You for your years of service here in Shelby County. God Bless you!
St. Vincent Cemetery:
- Please take flowers off your family graves if they will interfere with the mowing of grass.
2018 Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.