St. Vincent Parish Picnic June 24th :
- Mark Your Calendar: St. Vincent Parish Picnic June 24. 2018 from noon to 3:00 p.m. Please
plan to join us for some fellowship and fun. The Parish will provide fried chicken and drinks.
Please bring a vegetable, salad or dessert to share. Also bring your plate and utensils. We will
have games and prizes—many attendance prizes. Hope to see you
Salvation Army Dinner:
- Thank you to all who volunteered, cooked, baked and donated for the St. Vincent Church Salvation Army Dinner held June 10th. This Ministry is very needed for our community at large and we are grateful for your generosity.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
- A Thank You Party and Trip to Hidden Paradise in St. Paul, IN is on Monday, June 18th from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Fun for everyone at the
water park, swimming and games! If you haven’t already signed up, please contact Fr. Mike or Sr. Joan by this Sunday, June 17th.
June Food Drive June 17th:
- The June Food Drive will be Sunday, June 17th. Please be generous. One can of beans, a box of
tissues or a bottle of shampoo can change a life, perhaps yours as well.
July Newsletter June 17th:
- Dead- line for the July Newsletter is Sunday, June 17th. Please share your news. Call Pat Barley or email email@example.com or put your items in one of the orange envelopes at each Church door.
Baby Bottle Campaign:
- Baby Bottle Campaign at St. Joseph and St. Vincent benefiting Clarity began on Mothers’Day Weekend. If you didn’t receive a baby bottle, there will be extra ones at the doors of each Church. Clarity provides among its many services pregnancy care, ultrasounds, adoption service referrals, and education. Please be generous with your offerings of coins, dollars, or checks. Please return your filled bottles no later than Fathers’ Day weekend, June 16th – 17th when the campaign ends.
St. Vincent Parking Lot:
- You may have noticed gravel at the Michigan Road entrance of our parking lot. The tile was breaking down under the road. Shelby County workers fixed it this week, but we will finish the job later this summer with black top. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Anyone who enjoys growing flowers or is interested in providing flowers to decorate St. Vincent’s
Church for Sunday Mass, please contact Earlene Wheeler.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.
- St. Joseph’s and St. Vincent’s Parishioners. We are again asking for your help in contacting members of our Church Family who have been away for a time. Please consider sharing the name of a family member or friend that you would like us to contact, just complete the information on the enclosed flyer, put in the collection and we will take it from there. Thank you for your help.
St. Joseph/St. Vincent Evangelization:
- Introducing YOUR St Joseph/St Vincent Evangelization Committee! We are a small group of representatives from both Churches, but if you’re a member, you’re an important part of what we do. Our goal is to become a Welcoming Church where newcomers encounter the love of Christ when they walk through our doors.
- Working in cooperation with the Indy Archdiocese Evangelization & Outreach Initiative, our Parish is reaching out to inactive Catholics and non-Catholics searching for a church home. And we’ve already put some of our ideas into action:
- Please prayerfully consider how you can help make St Joseph and St Vincent a welcoming haven to all visitors.