|St. Vincent Religious Ed Classes – Starting Sept. 4:
St. Vincent Religious Education Classes will be held on Wednesday evenings from 6:15 – 7:30 p.m. beginning on Wednesday, September 4th. Please register after Mass on Sunday or text the name of your child/children with the grade they are in to Sr. Joan at 812-455-9348 by Sunday, August 18th. Books need to be ordered. If Sunday morning REP classes do not work for St. Joseph’s Parishioners, they are welcome to register and attend Wednesday classes at St. Vincent. They also need to text Sr. Joan by Sunday, August 18th.
August Food Drive:
- The August Food Drive is Sunday, August 18th. Please share your bounty with your neighbors. Please bring at least one item of nonperishable food, personal care product or paper product. If you have an abundance of garden produce to share, please contact the Salvation Army or Human Services directly to make your donation. God Bless all who have been so generous each month.
|K of C Pork Chop Supper Saturday, August 17th:
|St. Vincent’s St. Ann Fall Rummage Sale Oct 4th & 5th:
Mark your calendar for St. Vincent’s St. Ann Fall Rummage Sale on October 4th and 5th.
SV Religious Ed Teachers & Aides Meeting – Aug. 19:
- The St. Vincent’s Religious Ed Teachers and Aides will gather on Monday, August 19th at 6 pm at St. Joseph’s cafeteria.
St. Vincent Parish Council – Aug. 20:
- TThe St. Vincent Parish Council will meet on Tues-day, August 20th at 7 pm in the Parish Hall..
- Around the Parish August 2019
- The August Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the August Newsletter is Sunday, August 18th.
St Vincent de Paul Endowment Fund:
- St. Vincent de Paul has recently established an endowment fund as a perpetual source of revenue for our parish. A wide variety of gifts can be contributed – cash, stocks, bonds, mutual funds, charitable IRA rollovers, etc. Contact Margaret Haehl, John Kappes, or Sr. Joan Miller with interest or questions at St. Vincent Church – 317-398-4028.
Adoration Chapel All Are Welcome:
- Remember that everyone is always welcome to drop by the Adoration Chapel, even if for just a few minutes on your way to or from work. Come spend some time resting in Jesus.
- The next Liturgy Schedule (for August 25th to the end of November) was sent out through email. If you did not get the email, please alert Paula Perry (email@example.com). Paper copies of the schedule can be picked up inside the main doors of St. Vincent Church.
- Please join us in praying the Rosary. We will be praying on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields, weather permitting. If weather is inclement, we will be in the St. Vincent Parish Hall.
Adult Catechetical Nights 2019:
We will be hosting four adult education evenings throughout the course of the coming year. Mark your calendars for the following evenings. Each night the talk will begin at 5 p.m:
- September 8: Personality types and prayer styles, Fr. Mike
- November 17: Exorcisms, Fr. Vince Lampert
- January 19: Marriages & Annulments, Fr. Joe Newton
- March 29: Baptism and New Life, Dcn. Tom
St. Vincent Cemetery:
- Please take flowers off your family graves if they will interfere with the mowing of grass.
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.