- Around the Parish May 2019
- The May Newsletters are in the rack at each door, please take one and pass one on to a friend or you may view it online at svdpcc.com
- Please share your joys and sorrows with your parish family. Please call Pat or email her at email@example.com or put your news item in the orange envelope at each Church door
- Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the newsletter this past year. A special thank you to Sr. Joan and Tammy Jones for their assistance. I could not do this without them. May God Bless all in the new year. Thank you, Pat Barley
- The dead-line for the June Newsletter is Sunday, May 19th.
Praying the Rosary:
- Please join us to pray the rosary on May 22th at 5:30 p.m. at the Shrine of Our Lady of the Fields weather permitting or in the Parish Hall if weather is inclement during the month of May.
Access the Catholic Faith on the Go:
- Link to Download Mobile App
- St Vincent Access Code K37RPD
- Link for PC
- Select Enter Code
- St Vincent Access Code K37RPD
- Timely Featured Content
- Simple & Intuitive Browsing
- Community Discussion Groups
Liturgy of the Word for Children:
- Liturgy of the Word for Children ages 3 through 1st grade.
- The children will leave after the Opening prayer at Mass and return while the collection is being taken up.
- Congratulations to our children who make their First Communion today at St. Vincent: Jack , Henry , Hailey, and Nickolas. What a joyous event for these children!
- Pope Francis has called it the “Sacrament of Love” “The Eucharist is at the heart of ‘Christian initiation’, together with Baptism and Confirmation, and it constitutes the source of the Church’s life itself. From this Sacrament of love, in fact, flows every authentic journey of faith, of communion, and of witness.”
2019 St. Vincent Graduates:
- If you have a son or daughter who will be graduating from high school or college, please email the Parish: firstname.lastname@example.org or text Sr. Joan at 812-455-9348. Please let us know where they are graduating from and what plans they have for the future; college, a job or some combination. We would like to honor their success.
Congratulations Fr. Paul!:
- Fr. Paul Landwerlen will celebrate 65 years in service to God and His people on May 3rd. Congratulations and Thank You for your years of service here in Shelby County. God Bless you!
Salvation Army Dinner:
- St. Vincent will be hosting the Salvation Army Dinner on Sunday, June 9th. The menu will be fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls, applesauce and dessert. Drinks are lemonade and iced tea; the Salvation Army provides coffee.
- 8 – 48 oz. jars of Applesauce
- 2 – 1 gallon Arizona Sweet Tea
- 1 – 1 gallon Arizona Unsweet Tea
- 2 – 2 gallon of Lemonade
- Desserts – 7 to serve/15 each
- 100 – Small Dessert Plates
- 75 – Large compartmentalized To-Go Boxes
- If you would like to donate any of the above items, or help set up and/or serve on June 9th please call Jean Adams or Joyce Ford. Thank you for your generous support. We would like to give a very big THANK YOU to the Knights of Columbus who cook this meal for us each time.
St. Vincent Stewardship Forms:
- Please return your Stewardship Forms soon. If at all possible, it is good to be involved in some form of ministry in the parish. Usually one gets more out of it than they give. I am making a plea for people who may be willing and able to be with the Jr. High Youth Group on Friday nights from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. or High School Youth on Sunday nights from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Not every week, but some-times. Billy Cross is doing a super job, but he cannot do it alone. We need some good people to help; to be chaperones. Spring and summer are the fun times to be involved with the youth..
Baby Bottle Campaign:
- The Baby Bottle Campaign at St. Joseph and St. Vincent benefiting Clarity will begin Mothers’ Day Weekend, May 11th – 12th. Clarity provides, among its many services, pregnancy care, ultrasounds, adoption service referrals and education. Please be generous with you offerings of coin, dollars or checks. Please return your filled bottles no later than Fathers’ Day weekend, June 15th – 16th.
St. Vincent Cemetery:
- Please take flowers off your family graves if they will interfere with the mowing of grass.
Swim Party (Servers Thanks You Party):
Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby County:
- Volunteers: Thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot believe what all happens behind the scenes. At the time of this writing: we have
served at least 47 clients.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul of Shelby Co. meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month, 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. at St. Vincent Parish Hall. The primary purpose of the society is spiritual growth of its members and to serve those in need in our community to help bring them closer to God. Please contact Jim Carrier for more info: email@example.com. If you cannot attend a meeting, we are always accepting volunteers and/or donations.
- A very BIG thank you to our most recent donors: $1000 monetary donation – Anonymous
- An old car to be sent to auction, proceeds will be donated to our council – Mike and Anita Johnson. YES, we will even take old cars! For further information about car donations,
- Please contact Kristin Schoettmer, Do you know of anyone in Shelby County who could use a helping hand? Have them call the hotline: 317-395-7027.